Faculty of Business and Information Technology
Business and Information Technology Building - Room 3026
2000 Simcoe Street North
Oshawa, ON L1H 7K4
905.721.8668 ext. 2835
Dr. Hung has been working with Boeing Research and Technology in Seattle, Washington on aviation services-related research projects. He has two U.S. patents on the Mobile Network Dynamic Workflow Exception Handling System and a continuation-in-part pending patent application with Boeing.
He published a peer-reviewed Springer book, entitled Mobile Services for Toy Computing, in October 2015. This is the first book dedicated to toy computing, a new discipline that explores how technology influences and enhances the development of smart toys.
He is an Honorary International Chair Professor at National Taipei University of Technology, Taiwan and an Adjunct Professor at Wuhan University, China. In addition, he is a Visiting Researcher at the Shizuoka University and University of Aizu, Japan, and a Guest Professor in University of Innsbruck, Austria, University of Trento and University of Milan, Italy.
His other positions have included:
- Adjunct Faculty Member at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in University of Waterloo, Ontario.
- Guest Research Professor at Kingdee International Software Group Co. at ShenZhen in China.
- Guest Professor at Institute of Computer Science in University of Innsbruck, Austria and Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Trento, Italy.
- Visiting Faculty Member at Department of Computer Science and Engineering at both Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Before that, he was a Research Scientist with Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) in Canberra, Australia. He also has prior industrial experience in e-business projects in North America and Hong Kong. He is a founding committee member of:
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) International Conference of Web Services
- IEEE International Conference on Services Computing
- IEEE Congress on Services
- IEEE Congress on BigData
He is Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, International Journal of Web Services Research and International Journal of Business Process and Integration Management, as well as an Executive Group Member and Co-ordinating Editor of the Information Systems Frontiers by Springer.
From 2000 to 2004, he served as a panelist for the Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer programs of the National Science Foundation (NSF) in the U.S.
He has studied at CLC Japanese Language Institute at Tokyo in Japan and completed Level 2, 3 and 4 Certificates of Japanese-Language Proficiency (administered by the Japan Foundation and Association of International Education Japan). He has also been a visiting PhD student at the Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University, Japan and RSA Laboratories West in San Mateo, California.
- Bachelor of Science (Computer Science) University of New South Wales, Australia
- Master of Applied Science (Management Sciences) University of Waterloo, Canada
- Master of Philosophy Science (Computer Science) Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- PhD (Computer Science) Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong